Monday, June 6, 2011

So I noticed that it has been ages since I last updated my blog, and although I may not get to be a super star blogger like my sisters are, I thought I'd give it another chance!

Today when Gabe got home from school he told me they needed a rock for school for some father's day project. He was a bit bummed, for obvious reasons, but then he said maybe he'd make his for Dan or Grandpa. So with that goal in mind, I decided we'd take off for an adventure and find him a rock!!

Of course what happens when Mom thinks of some fun family bonding activity? No one wants to do it!! Zach cried the whole way to the car, saying he didn't want to go on an adventure, he wanted to play Wii instead. And when Gabe was told to wear shoes, not flip flops, his response was "Fine, I'm not going!!!" But with persistence from me, a few bags of fruit snacks and juice, and maybe just a little threat or two about no computer time, we were on our way!!



Once they found out that we were hiking some fun trails off of Baseline Road, they were quite a bit happier about this outing. We were one with nature! The trails were fun and easy, with a few bridges to cross. There were lots of flowers and pretty trees. Everything was so green!


Zach was sure the stream had alligators in it. He quickly dubbed himself "Army Guy" and found a large stick to protect us with!

Gabe was able to find a rock and our outing was a success! When we got back in the car and I asked "Who enjoyed our adventure??" Both boys yelled out "I did!!" I think we might go back tomorrow!

No comments: